Carmel International School was established in the year 2009 and is run by the Catholic Fathers of the CMI congregation. The school is under the management of the CMI (Carmelites of Mary Imaculate) Fathers of Preshitha province, Coimbatore. The congregation was founded by St. Kuriakose Elias Chavara in 1831 at Mannanam near Kottayam and is the first and the largest indigenous congregation for men in the Catholic Society. CMI Educational Society is one of the largest, single educational agencies in India having several hundreds of educational institutions spread over the sub-continent. It is open to all, irrespective of caste and creed.